Poets are historically sources of information.
Traveling from village to village
spreading wisdom around a fire.
Poets stood in town squares
to scream the truth at the top of their lungs.
Poets bore their souls on paper
for all generations to read.
Poets are statues illuminated by magic.
Standing tall against the darkness,
eternal symbols of truth in humanity.
The poet’s spirit is eternal.
Killing the physical manifestation
will only give rise to another.
Where ever there is oppression,
there are poets.
When there is pain and heart ache,
a poet will write of it.
When the people are in need of wisdom,
a poet will provide it.
When a society has turned dreary,
poets will bring beauty back.
When culture has been lost,
poets will bring it back.
Poets are the voice of the people,
embodying the persona of the common man.
Poets are the teachers of the people.
To people who thrive on power and domination,
knowledge is dangerous.
That is why poets become outlaws.
- lightasaghost likes this
- poetdreamer likes this
- 2hearts-1soul reblogged this from aquietjoy
- tarnishedsoul likes this
- aquietjoy reblogged this from farrel-valorous
- aquietjoy likes this
- strawberrypiesforbreakfast likes this
- afinermess likes this
- the-mind-of-rueberry likes this
- peace-keeper-of-the-soul reblogged this from twcwelcomecenter
- peace-keeper-of-the-soul likes this
- theplotneedsmorebourbon likes this
- billy-ivory likes this
- mattsjustaroundthecorner likes this
- phantomhipster reblogged this from twcwelcomecenter
- twcwelcomecenter reblogged this from farrel-valorous
- leaveyouapen likes this
- lovehardlivehard likes this
- unwritten-soul likes this
- ordinarywonder likes this
- farrel-valorous posted this